You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Barack Obama’ tag.
• He collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comics
• He was known as “O’Bomber” at high school for his skill at basketball
• His name means “one who is blessed” in Swahili
• His favourite meal is wife Michelle’s shrimp linguini
• He won a Grammy in 2006 for the audio version of his memoir, Dreams From My Father
• He is left-handed – the sixth post-war president to be left-handed
• He has read every Harry Potter book
• He owns a set of red boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali
• He worked in a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop as a teenager and now can’t stand ice cream
• His favourite snacks are chocolate-peanut protein bars
• He ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper while living in Indonesia
• He can speak Spanish
• While on the campaign trail he refused to watch CNN and had sports channels on instead
• His favourite drink is black forest berry iced tea
• He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president – he didn’t
• He kept a pet ape called Tata while in Indonesia
• He can bench press an impressive 200lbs
• He was known as Barry until university when he asked to be addressed by his full name
• His favourite book is Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
Here are all my political thoughts from the year:
My Civic Duty:
I believe that voting is your civic duty, far under watching baseball but just above taking out the trash and often times I get those last two mixed up.
I One Up The Religious Right:
Whenever someone tells me that won’t vote for the lesser of two evils, but only for the principled nominee I always one up them by telling them I write in Jesus’s name and vote for Him.
On February 15th I predicted the next president of America. Keep in mind that this was before both nominees were chosen.