The best poems from Poetry Magazine by month in descending order (July and August is a double issue):
(runner-up: Vanity Flare by Wendy Videlock)
10. Teeth by Kevin McFadden July/Aug.
(runner-up: “Was you ever bit by a dead bee?” by Hailey Leithauser)
(runner-up: Stanzas by Sergei Gandlevskii)
8. Uptick by John Ashbery Mar.
(runner-up: Lines for Winter by Dave Lucas)
7. Idiot Psalm #2 by Scott Cairns Jan.
(runner-up: La Petite Vie by Allen Edwin Butt)
6. Tulips by A.E. Stallings June
(runner-up: A Marriage in the Dolomites by D. Nurkse)
5. New Endymion by W.S. Di Piero Oct.
(runner-up: Atmosphere by A.V. Christie)
4. Lascaux by Joseph Spece Nov.
(runner-up: Plumblossom by Eric Ekstrand)
(runner-up: Deaf Republic: 9 by Ilya Kaminsky)
(runner-up: Non Redimus by Jill Alexander Essbaum)
1. O by Atsuro Riley Sept.
(runner-up: Insomnia & So On by Malachi Black)
Best Cover : July/August
Best Line : “in a world made brief with flowers”
-Dean Young, To Those of You Alive in the Future