You are currently browsing the monthly archive for January 2009.
For Canucks and Francophiles the band Tricot Machine:
Listening to this album makes me want to direct an indie film of kids riding bikes in a small town. Quirky humor and an awkward romance to follow.
Click here to listen to their song L’ours.
Do not purchase this CD from Amazon US, go to Amazon.ca where it’s cheaper.
C.K. Williams : I Hate
Keep track of the literary illusions in Kim Addonizio’s The First Line is the Deepest
Peter Munro : Names
“…seraphim that bicker exactly like gulls”
Roddy Lumsden : Season of Quite
Scott Cairns : Idiot Psalms
O Subtle Tweaker, Agent
of energies both appalling and unobserved,
do not allow Your servant’s limbs to stiffen
or to ossify unduly,
Allen Edwin Butt : La Petite Vie
Wendy Videlock : Change
Change is the new,improvedword for god,
10. Grass stains become high fashion.
9. Tim Tebow begins speaking about Tim Tebow in the 3rd Person.
8. Superman starts wearing Tim Tebow pajamas.
7. Toast with Tim Tebow’s likeness begins showing up on Ebay.
6. In the National Championship game Tim Tebow received in technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct because he started calling everyone “Not-Tim-Tebow”.
5. A law is passed that at the end of all political messages Tim Tebow must show up and say that he approves this message otherwise it may not air.
4. Tim Tebow comes out with a breakfast cereal called Defense…he eats it for breakfast.
3. Kids in Florida pray that they will catch a serious disease so that Tim Tebow will visit them.
2. After winning the National Championship the fans asked Tim Tebow to show them a gator chomp. Tim Tebow walked off and ten minutes later came back with an eight foot gator slung over his shoulder, he threw it down and took a bite out of its face.
1. When Tim Tebow points up to the sky after he scores a touchdown he’s actually asking Jesus if He wants a go at him next.
- The Orphanage
- The Edge of Heaven
- Four Months, Three Weeks, and Two Days
- I’ve Loved You So Long
- We Own the Night
- Quantum of Solace
- Iron Man
- The Wrestler
The New York Times A.O. Scott, Manohla Dargis, and Stephen Holden
A. O. Scott:
Rachel Getting Married
The Dark Knight
Flight of the Red Balloon
Synecdoche, New York
The Edge of Heaven
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
Metacritic’s Best Reviewed Films of 2008:
|1.||4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days||97|
|4.||Man on Wire||89|
|6.||Flight of the Red Balloon, The||86|
|7.||Edge of Heaven, The||85|
|10.||Christmas Tale, A||84|
|12.||Up the Yangtze||84|
|18.||Trouble the Water||83|
|20.||Tell No One||82|
Set 1: Annie Hall/Manhattan/Sleeper/Bananas/Interiors/Stardust Memories/Love and Death/Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask
Set 2: Shadows and Fog / September / Crimes and Misdemeanors / Another Woman / Alice
Set 3: Hannah and Her Sisters / The Purple Rose of Cairo / Broadway Danny Rose / Zelig / A Midsummer Night’s Sex Comedy / Radio Days
Comedy Collection: Anything Else / The Curse Of The Jade Scorpion / Hollywood Ending / Small Time Crooks