You are currently browsing the daily archive for May 24, 2012.
Spencer Reece has given us a Whitman-esque South Beach in The Prodigal Son minus the goddamn decadence.
Lines from Alice Fulton:
- “If song goes wrong,/ be dancerly.”
- “It is a ferocious thing/ to have your body as your instrument.”
- “This tune with mountains tied inside”
Cally Conan-Davies : Ace
Sandra Beasley : “No one// ever praises the ass of the peacock”
There’s much fun and wisdom in Anna Kamienska’s Notebook, but here are my favs :
- Talking too much about yourself is like wearing your clothes inside out.
- Where your pain is, there your heart lies also.
- her hedgehog, all alone, fell in love with a broom.
- The more we love another person, the more we love ourselves, and everything else, and the world.
- God doesn’t hesitate to cast his word on the wind, since he knows it won’t be lost.
- God had His reasons for keeping death under wraps.
- Sleep is what I’ll miss the most when I die.